OHC Board of Directors
OHC leadership is drawn from our general membership. Directors serve 2-year terms.
Elections occur in January. For information about becoming a member of the board please contact us.
Kevin Robinson – President – Kevin Robinson is a graduate of Clemson University and currently works for Oconee County’s Delinquent Tax Office. He is a lifelong resident of Oconee County.
Jonathan Fritz – Vice-President – Jon Fritz is a graduate of Clemson University and Landscape Designer with Bluestem Landscape Design LLC. Jon has worked with the OHC on branding concepts, marketing materials, and exhibit design.
Melissa Higgs – Secretary – Melissa has been an English teacher in Oconee County for 10 years. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in English and Government, and a Master’s degree in City & Regional Planning. Her experience as a planner allowed her to work with public relations, budgeting, grant writing, supervision, event planning, regulatory compliance, and historic preservation.
Patsy Earnhardt – Treasurer – Patsy Earnhardt is a resident of Salem. She works for Duke Energy as Project Manager.
- John Bodiford – John has over 30 years of experience at the South Carolina Botanical Garden, with 10 as Manager. He is a native of Walhalla and frequently offers educational programs about the natural history and unique ecology of Oconee County.
- Paul Coker – Paul has been an Environmental Field Scientist for 12 years. He currently helps with Environmental Compliance at Johnson Controls in West Union.
- Kevin Harbin – Kevin a lifelong resident of Oconee County and employee of Tugalo Gas. Kevin restores and preserves antique farm equipment at Snow Creek Mills.
- Dennis Taylor – Dennis works as Clemson University archivist in the Special Collections Library. He is author of Images of America: Rural Life in the Piedmont of South Carolina.
- BRUCE JUSTICE – Bruce is a NC State Graduate and an engineer at Duke Energy. He is also a co-developer of 224, a Co-Work Space, located on Main St. in Walhalla.
- ERNIE LOMBARD – Ernie is a native of Oconee County and resident of Mountain Rest, as well as a registered nurse and past board member of Oconee Heritage Center.
- CHRISTIE JOHNSON – Christie is an Alabama native who moved to Oconee County in 2001. She has worked at the Oconee County Public Library in Walhalla for the past seven years.