Oconee Heritage Center (OHC) brings history back to life through museum exhibits, educational programs, special events and much more. The OHC is housed in the historic Tobacco Warehouse (c. 1892) and first opened in 2004.
Oconee Heritage Center, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax deductible organization, operated by an independent Board of Directors.
The Oconee Heritage Center actively preserves and promotes the history and cultural heritage of Oconee County, South Carolina, through its museums, programs and historic sites.
The Oconee Heritage Center began as an idea in 1999 when a group of concerned citizens saw a need for the preservation and interpretation of Oconee County’s heritage.
Renovations to the old Tobacco Factory (c.1892) were completed in 2004, and the Oconee Heritage Center opened to the public in October of that year. Each year thousands of visitors enjoy the OHC’s spacious exhibit hall and vast collection of artifacts that illustrate the diverse history and heritage of Oconee County.
The Oconee Heritage Center has taken the American Alliance of Museum’s “Pledge of Excellence”:
The Oconee Heritage Center pledges that, in fulfillment of our educational mission, we will strive to operate according to national standards and best practices to the best of our abilities and in accordance with our resources.
2015 OHC Board of Directors
President – Jonathan Fritz
Vice-President – Kevin Harbin
Secretary – Kevin Robinson
Treasurer – Patsy Earnhardt
- Andy Brooks
- Susan Copeland
- Terri Corbett
- Suzanne Earle
- Terry England
- Dave LaVere
- Tamy Sanford
- Betty Wallace