We welcome requests for research for historical research!


Anyone requesting historical research assistance is required to fill out the Research Request Application (below). Please be as specific as possible on the application regarding the information requested.

We can help with the following topics:

  • Textile Mills and Villages
  • Cherokee and Frontier Settlement
  • Railroads and Transportation
  • Agriculture and Farms
  • Civic Groups
  • Businesses
  • Schools and Education
  • Family History
  • Lakes Hartwell, Keowee, and Jocassee
  • Civil War
  • Cemetery Records
  • Town Histories
  • Centennial Celebrations
  • Maps, Photographs, Books, and More!


Research Access Policy

Research Request Guide